FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – April 30, 2018
Preparis is GDPR Compliant
ATLANTA – April 30, 2018 – Preparis, a business continuity, incident management, and cybersecurity software and services provider, has announced that they are now in compliance with General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
On May 25, 2018, a new landmark privacy law called the GDPR takes effect in the European Union (EU). The GDPR expands the privacy rights granted to EU individuals and places many new obligations on organizations that market to, track, or handle EU personal data, no matter where an organization is located.
“Preparis welcomes the GDPR as an important step forward in streamlining data protection requirements across the EU and is an opportunity for Preparis to deepen our commitment to data protection,” said Rick Hollahan, Chief Technology Officer at Preparis.
Preparis will comply with the GDPR in the delivery of their service to their customers. Preparis has closely analyzed the requirements of the GDPR and feel they comply with its requirements.
- Preparis is EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework certified (active since April of 2017). GDPR requires US companies to be EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework certified to transfer data about EU citizens to the US.
- Preparis collects and stores only data minimally necessary to provide emergency messaging services (name, email address, phone number). Preparis does not collect or store any data that GDPR defines as special category data (e.g. race, religion, ethnicity, etc.).
- Preparis does no monitoring of the data it collects beyond what is necessary to provide its services.
- Preparis does not transfer any data to any third parties for any reason.
- Preparis does not directly collect personal data but receives all personal data from its clients via HR feeds/imports. Preparis will notify its clients within a GDPR acceptable timeframe whenever a user indicates they wish to opt-out of receiving emergency messages.
If you would like more information, please contact Preparis.
Preparis is an all-in-one business continuity and emergency notification solution that helps businesses protect their people, operations and brand while meeting regulatory requirements. The company’s unique combination of technology and services makes creating and maintaining business continuity programs easy. For more information about Preparis, please visit www.preparis.com or call (855) 447-3750.